Tuesday 28 September 2010

New York, I love you

New York, I love you is a new film that is being released in the United Kingdom on the 8th of october 2010. The film is directed by nine different directors, two of them are Fatih Akin and Yvan Attal, the same directors of the film: Paris, je t'aime. Both of these films tell the lovestory of different kinds of people in the same city. In these sort of films you have got different stories with different people, but mainly they are all about one thing: love.
This is called multi-strand. Multi-strand means that several characters form the focus of the narrative. This is particularly apparent in soap operas, but as you can see it also appears in films. Other multi-strand films are for example: crash, valentine's day or love actually. These films are very popular and mostly made in the US and belong to one of the productions of Hollywood. Because these films are commercial there is always at least one Hollywood star in there. For example in New York, I love you Bradley Cooper, Christina Ricci, Orlando Bloom and Natalie Portman are playing one of the roles. I normally do like these kind of films, but I am still convinced that you can't make a better multi-strand romance film than Love actually. Valentine's day tried, but has in my eyes failed. Maybe New York, I love you will be better...

trailer New York, I love you:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1159856665/

No comments:

Post a Comment